Remove Tattoos with OSC
According to the Federal Health Ministry, more than 10% of the German one or more tattoos, trend can rise. According to TIME LIFE 12% of them want to rid of today your tattoo. 72% of people with a tattoo consider removing your tattoo at some point in your life.
Until the introduction of the laser treatment, there were very extreme and invasive removal permanent tattooing methods such as:
- Small surgical Eng reefs (for small tattoos) – the tattoo was cut out and the skin stitched back together, which of course resulted in scarring.
- Skin graft – the method is applied for larger tattoos. Here too, the scarring is a major problem in the area of skin removal and transplant site.
- Dermabrasion – here be wiped off the upper layers of the skin after treatment with chemicals to break up the tissue. Also there is the problem of scarring.
All above mentioned methods are carried out due to associated pain under anesthesia.
New methods were developed with the introduction of the laser treatment:
- Evaporation – This used a carbon dioxide laser. There can be scarring.
- Laser – It focusses laser pulses on the tattoo. The treatment is uncomfortable and sometimes painful. 15 to 20 treatments may be required. Fluorescent Yellow and green color is difficult to remove with the laser. At the laser treatment, a faded picture of the rest remains at best after many treatments. In addition, scars have occurred also in this treatment in many cases.
The Oxford skin Center method
This method applied for more than 15 years in America was launched five years ago in the UK. In this method, a harmless ointment is injected through a micro pigmentation PIN under the surface of the skin. This reacts with the ink of the tattoo and activates the defense system of the body (macrophages) that detect the ink as a foreign body.
The body repels then the tattoo ink in the same way as our body repels a splitter – to the surface, to form a crust. Only in rare cases, the entire tattoo ink in one treatment will be repelled. The number of treatments varies; with 4-6 treatments should be necessary. After the treatment, the skin restores its natural state in a few months.
Characteristics of the OSC treatment method
- Less painful as the actual tattoo
- Treatment and removal of the tattoo be made faster and more efficiently than with laser treatments
- Sunlight must not be avoided (laser treatment)
- Treatment is not confined to certain colors (laser treatment)
- Aftercare relatively easy